środa, 8 maja 2013

reports from my recovery in English :)


Thanks to my friend Katarzyna Zych, English speaking fans can follow current reports from my recovery

Day 1

After the surgery.
All that waiting and uncertainty are finally over, the surgery has been completed. Only 3 hours in the operating theatre and my ligament is connected again ;)

To those who are to be operated on their ligament as well:

There is nothing to be afraid of, my experiences are just positive. Of course, before the surgery I felt frightened and unsure, especially that I had never undergone such procedure before.   The team that performed my operation and tried to put me together proved best: spinal anaesthesia completely painless, I remained conscious throughout the operation, so I can tell it was really fast and professional. I was separated from that unpleasant view of cutting my leg by a curtain, thus, the anaesthesiologist was the narrator of the scene. Later on, all the nurses turned out extremely helpful and kind.

I would like to express my great gratitude to Dr Mariusz Urban and to the whole medical team who operated on me – thank you.

Today I’m at home exercising my leg and waiting for the second stage – rehabilitation – which is to start from Monday. My knee hurts but it’s the first day after the operation. Normally you get some painkillers and I guess it doesn’t hurt at all. However, due to my allergy to medicines and my participation in anti-doping campaign, I take only Apap.

Besides, there is no reason to worry about the knee ligament rupture if your leg wasn’t torn off.

Day 2
As you have been writing to me about similar problems, I decided to post messages on my blog daily so that you can find out how to get back to health quickly and effectively.

Today is a day of happiness – my leg doesn’t hurt that much and I can walk using crutches. To tell you the truth each activity which used to take me a minute to carry out, now requires twice as much time. A positive thing, however, is the fact that I can move around by myself. For a while climbing the stairs was a real challenge but soon I worked out my way to go upstairs and downstairs and so called ‘nodule’ is working. And triceps is well needed in bouldering.

Take care all the injured.

Day 6
Check up at the doctor’s. He showed me the photos taken during the operation and described the procedure. Good news – my knees, as for a sportsperson, are in good shape. In the evening I warmed up a bit at the gym.

Day 7
The first day of rehabilitation and that is electrostimulation of quadriceps and next first bending my knee along with cryotherapy. Impression – unforgettable. What a nice feeling when I could bend my knee after a week of having it kept stiff. I came back home fully delighted especially that my knee stopped hurting in strange places.

Transforming a famous quotation from the Polish comedy “Miś” – a message to all pessimists I have met lately - “let the pluses override the minuses”.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz