niedziela, 26 maja 2013

I walk


Day 22

The second day of rehabilitation in the gym.

We started with teaching me to walk again. Sounds strange, especially that the last time I was taught how to master this skill was when I was only a few months old… It was hard. I got so used to the stabilizer and crutches that only after covering the distance of the whole length of the corridor did I make the first step without the support of crutches. The most difficult thing for me was to lean my body forward with my leg straight in the knee joint and moving ahead of my foot – in a similar movement I injured my knee, real trauma.

When it comes to rehabilitation, today it was “electrocution” of the quadriceps, next isometric exercise in leg flexion and bending and finally cryotherapy.

Day 23

Today I am not going to Cracow but it doesn’t mean I’m not exercising. Yesterday I was shown a set of new exercises which should take at least one hour to complete the training. The plan for today: 3 sessions of exercises. After the morning session I decided to learn to walk without crutches as the previous day proved that if I have the support of crutches I tend to use them. So I tried walking without them and here I am – walking by myself!

Next obstacle on my way to regaining the championship form was overcome. I am sure there are many of other obstacles ahead of me, some probably even more difficult and unexpected. What crux am I to face up to next? I have do it all by myself as there is no chance of laying the responsibility on anyone else. To all those injured – I hope my blog will help you in some way. 
I am highly motivated and I am heading forward :)

Now that I can’t climb I appreciate climbing even more no matter what kind (rocks, mountains, speed) I would never change it to any other sport discipline as climbing is something special to me.


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz