czwartek, 23 maja 2013

A great breakthrough!


Day 20

I have reached a 90-degree bend in my knee.

Day 21 – a great breakthrough!

My first session in the rehabilitation room. At the beginning manipulation of a kneecap and simple exercises while both lying and sitting. Then some exercises while standing on both feet and on one foot at a time.

For the first time since the day of the accident I could stand on my injured leg without the stabilizer and crutches.

It’s hard to put all the accompanying feelings into words: it was great happiness, fear, disbelief. The most challenging thing was to trust that everything is fine now and I can really make use of the leg.  I am not used to it any more… First the accident, something broke and was extremely painful, then swelling and not being able to walk normally, fast operation and so on till today. This date 21st May is a real breakthrough. Everything is back to normal again.

I am so glad that I live in the era of medicine being advanced enough to bring my health and proper physical condition back.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz