piątek, 12 lipca 2013

11 July – week 11

What’s new, practically, everything.  After the tenth week of total carefulness, I finally started preparing for competitions. Apart from two-hour sessions of rehabilitation during which I get a great workout, I carry out regular training. As my participation in the World Games is ahead of me and there is little time left, I take the responsibility for introducing some elements which are a necessity in good preparation for the event. I began jogging in the open air, climb the standard, what is more, I went in for much heavier weights at the gym. As far as climbing is concerned I put on my stabilizer, I even bought the one intended for contact sports and due to the fact I am not anxious about hitting my knee against the wall during the run. The stabilizer works pretty fine - it doesn’t fall down or limits my movements. I still haven’t got a full bend in my knee – I must reach it before the competition, not because I can’t speed climb without it but just because I could bend the knee in the run on the wall when there’s huge adrenaline buzz and that might not end up well for me. 

Participating in competitions and preparing itself are a great challenge for me, not only physically but also mentally. I am aware of the risk behind it and I will do my best to minimalize it.

Entering a competition by a contestant in full health and top physical condition without any injury, who prepared in a regular way, is a huge stress in itself. Now looking at it from my perspective, it seems, unbelievably, comforting. However, I prefer lacking that comfort to being unable to take part in the upcoming competition. I will go to great lengths to prepare myself the best I can and do my very best.

My rehabilitation exercises: interval 20-10 minutes cycling, half-squats on both legs, half-squats in on one leg, lunge exercises forward and backward, climbing a ladder, exercising my calves and thigh biceps, stretching exercises and all that in closed circuit.

I would like to thank my friends for their support in difficult moments. Sometimes one good word of yours was like the best cure. Thank you Artur for motivating me at the last training – you showed me it is possible :)

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz